As you all probably know by now, we are set to start our First Gates County Martial Arts Summer Camp. This camp will run from Monday through Thursday from 9AM to 5PM, starting on July 9th and ending August 2. These are four weeks of Spiritual, Physical and Mental Boot Camp for students ages 8 and up. Adults can also participate.
It is not mandatory that you participate for the whole camp and there is no registration fee; however all participants must pay for one week in advance at Registration and all participants must buy our Karate Uniform ($40.00).
We are looking for a minimum of ten participants to be able to start the program and a maximum of fifty. This is a serious martial arts camp and participants will truly enjoy a great time getting in shape, learning martial arts, learning to be discipline, nutrition, learning interesting facts about our community and region, how to develop good study habits, Bible Principles, good and healthy fun and much more.
This is how our daily schedule:
9:00 – 9:15 Attendance
9:15 – 9:30 Prayer
9:30 – 9:45 Break
9:45 – 10:00 Warm-up
10:00 – 11:00 Jogging and Walking
11:00 – 11:15 Break
11:15 – 12:00 Intense Stretching
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 1:45 Focus on Forms Class
1:45 – 2:00 Break
2:00 to 2:30 (Spiritual Time)
2:30 – 2:45 Break
2:45 – 3:45 General Martial Arts Class
3:45 – 4:30 Open for Fun Games, Play other sports, table games, etc.
4:30 – 4:45 Break
4:45 – 5:00 PM Clean up
(This schedule is subject to changes; however, these are some of the activities we will be offering)
- $60.00 per week per participant. It is not mandatory to participate in the whole camp.
- All participants registering for more than two weeks must buy our Martial Arts Uniform (We provide those Uniforms) The Cost is $40.00 It is not mandatory that they wear the uniform everyday, but they must wear their belts every day.
- All students, especially girls must wear appropiate pants (Sweat pants, long short pants or our regular karate pants) Yes they are going to sweat we know is hot! However because of the stretching exercises it is best to wear appropiate pants.
- Location: Gates County Community Center
- Hours of operation: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Discounts available for families registering more than one person.
- Participants must provide their own lunch and snacks (We do have a refrigerator and microwave)
- It is highly recommended that participants complete the whole four weeks. This is indeed a great opportunity to advance in rank. There will be a Rank Testing at the end of the Camp; it is not guaranty, as it all depends on the student efforts, but students participating in our camp could take advantage of this great opportunity for advancement in rank.
- For students participating in our whole four weeks of camp their next Rank Testing Fee is waved. A reminder that a four-week participation does not guaranty that the student will be ready for our August Rank Testing. However, for students that participate in our four-week camp, whenever the instructor determines that they are ready, that next Rank Testing Fee is waved.
- For the students already registered in our program your monthly tuition for your regular classes is waved if participating in at least two weeks.
For more information please call us at 252-506-5374 or visit us at facebook.com/gatescountymartialarts.