– Puerto Rican coffee is the best in the world. It’s so good, this is the coffee that the Pope drinks. Some say it’s the oficial coffee of the Vatican.
– The Camuy Caves System is the 3rd largest underground river system in the world.
– The Arecibo Observatory? The largest radiotelescope in the world!
– El Yunque? The ONLY rain forest in the US National Forest System
– The Bioluminiscent Bay is something else! There are 5 in the world and PR has 3 of them!
– Some of the beaches have been rated the best in the world
– The San Juan Cathedral and San Jose Church are the two oldest churches in the Western Hemisphere
– La Fortaleza is the oldest (continuously working) executive mansion in the New World.
– El Morro and San Marcos Fortresses are the oldest in the US
– Old San Juan is a UNESCO site as well as various other places in PR
– Walmart Puerto Rico broke selling records of all Walmart stores
– ‘Plaza Las Americas’ mall in San Juan is the most profitable mall per square foot in the world and the largest mall in the entire Caribbean Basin.
– Puerto Rico is the country with the most cars per square mile in the world: 146 vehicles per street mile and 4,300 vehicles per square mile.
– The highest grossing Borders book store in US was located in Plaza Las Americas Mall. Too bad they closed. It was my favorite store too!
– The busiest Toys “R” Us in the world is also in Plaza Las Americas
– The highest grossing Sears store in the World is in Puerto Rico.
– The highest selling Kmart in the US is in Puerto Rico.
– The Radio Shack store in Plaza Las Americas mall is the busiest and highest grossing Radio Shack in the world.
– The largest JC Penney store in the world (a full 4 stories) is located at Plaza Las Americas mall
– Piña Colada was “born” in PR in 1954.
– Puerto Rico has won the Miss Universe pageant a record five times.
– The place in the world with more pharmaceutical companies per square mile is Puerto Rico.
– There are about 1,100 people per square mile, a ratio higher than within any of the 50 states in the United States.
– Puerto Rico is the third country in the world with more physicians in proportion to its population.
– The longest pool in the world is located in a hotel in Dorado, PR. (The hotel is currently closed).
– It is estimated that there is more Nickel in the mountains of Puerto Rico than the whole United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
– The state of Florida was discovered by Puerto Rico’s first governor, Don Juan Ponce de Leon.
– The first shot fired by the United States in World War I was in Puerto Rico by Lt. Teofilo Marxuach.
– 86% of the rum consumed in the world is from Puerto Rico – Bacardi
– Puerto Rico has one of the world’s highest productivity ratios.
– Puerto Rico ranks 6th in the world when it comes to college graduates
– Puerto Rico has more gas stations, churches, cars, roads, and Walgreens per square mile than any other country in the world.
– The second radio station to be inaugurated in the US was in PR. Sally Jesse Raphael’s first gig in the media was in PR.
– The first Emmy went to Puerto Rican Jose Ferrer, who also got the Academy award for the same role.
– Rita Moreno (from PR) received both of those and one for Best Actress in a Broadway show. No one else has matched that.
– The most outstanding soldier in Europe at the end of the Second WW was chosen from the Puerto Rican 65th Infantry. (See BorinqueneersCongressional Gold Medal Alliance at http://www.65thcgm.org)
Information captured from a wonderful article entitle, Puerto Ricans Are Loud
Please help give honor to “La 65 de Infantería”; they also fought and many die for the freedom of our nation. Please watch this small video about these amazing group of Puerto Rican soldiers”
We can help to feed a hungry person, but only God can eradicate hunger. We can sign new treaties in the Middle East; but only God can bring peace. We can enforce laws against violence, but only God can change the heart of man. We can reach out to the poor, but no matter what we do, they will always be among us (Matthew 26:11).
We have the resources to change the world in one day. God has already provided all that is needed for us to do so. We can truly make this planet a better place for all of us to live and share. However, this earth will never change without God and His ways totally implemented on this earth. As long as God’s Kingdom is not established here as it is in heaven and as long as God’s will is not man’s priority, we will, as the society of the world, continue in our decay. Matthew 6:9-10 tells us,
9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven. King James Version (KJV)
We can help and do good works for others for James tells us that faith without works is dead, but we must humble ourselves before God. 2 Chronicles 7:14 tells us,
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. King James Version (KJV)
We need to recognized that God is above all of us “Our Father which art in heaven…”
We must recognize that before we ask God for anything we must worship HIM. “…Hallowed be thy name.”
We must learn to humble ourselves “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways…” As we humble ourselves we then ask God for two things, for his Kingdom to be established and for His will to be done on earth as it is in heaven. That means that we are praying that His will be done without resistance. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
The result of this kind of prayer is exciting; we are talking about forgiveness of sin and the healing of our land. “…then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
Click here to see video:
Por Angel Casiano
Sangran mis dedos mientras escribo
Las almas se pierden en la mentira de las promesas
del mundo y en el engaño de la religiosidad humana.
¿Por qué no miran a Cristo?, ¿Por qué se conforman
con un soplido de tu aliento oh Padre y no claman
por el poder de tu gloria?
Avívanos que morimos en nuestro fango, aviva
tu pueblo oh Jehová.
Sangran mis dedos mientras escribo
estas palabras. Tiroteos se escuchan en las esquinas,
mataron al hijo de María, dicen las voces de mi barrio.
Mujer Acecinada en Manos de su Esposo Mientras los
Niños Gritaban en Terror, nos dice la primera plana del periódico.
Las drogas celebran la membrecía de una víctima más.
Ha caído en cama Roberto aquel que fue pelotero y
Aquel que atleta y aquel que fue un gran amigo en la Superior. Se fue para los
estados y allá lo engatusó el alcohol, el cigarrillo y
su hermana la droga.
¿Se enteraron? Murió Guillermo de una sobredosis, sin tan
siquiera llegar a los treinta.
En el caserio de Yauco
mataron a dos anoche anuncia una abuelita nerviosa.
La gente no quiere salir de noche…tienen miedo…nadie
sabe nada… nadie dice nada.
Sangran mis dedos mientras escribo estas palabras.
El rico se sienta seguro, en arrogancia habla de su fortuna;
mas esa misma noche lo encontraron muerto en la
sala de su casa con una bala que traspasó su cabeza. El rico
se quitó la vida porque lo consumió la falta de esperanza.
La depresión se come las mentes de mi pueblo;
la violencia los lleva a levantarse con ira descontrolada.
Otro niño murió en África apretándose el estomago;
su piel marcaba los huesos de su cuerpo mientras
tomaba sus últimos suspiros de hambre, sed y de cansancio.
Mis ojos ya no aguantan tanta injusticia, tanto dolor
y tanta pena. Sangran mis dedos mientras escribo
Oh Padre, aviva tu pueblo, quebrántanos oh Dios,
úngenos para buscarlos, para correr detrás de las almas,
para anunciar las buenas noticias de tu gracia, de la vida
en ti, de verdad, de tu compasión, de tu misericordia,
de tu santidad y de tu incomparable amor.
“Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:”
Hebrews 12:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
These days I can’t take the topic of revival out of my mind. It is sickening to see our condition today. Satisfy and bragging over our Sunday memberships. Doing the same things service after service, singing the same songs, nothing spontaneous, no power, nobody changing and no expression of spiritual gifts. People are bore with church, as we know it. Our only hope is revival! Revival for yourself, for your family, for your community, for your town, for your city and for our nations…our only hope is revival.
Habakkuk understood that; in a time when Judah lost the best king in their history (King Josiah); a time of moral, social, political and spiritual decay Habakkuk prayed one of the most powerful prayers recorded in Scripture,
“O Lord, I have heard Your speech and was afraid; O Lord, revive Your work in the midst of the years! In the midst of the years make it known; In wrath remember mercy.” Habakkuk 3:2 (NKJV)
There is so much more of God and so much more He wants to do in us and through us! Some want to go after souls without the power of the Holy Ghost; they are going out unprepared producing folks that are as dry in the things of God as they are. Others are consumed with arrogance as they limit the baptism of the Holy Ghost to just speaking in tongues. They throw the fruit of the Spirit out the window and skip the embracing of sanctification as a work that God also wants to do in us.
Prophet Habakkuk heard of the great things God did in the past; he heard about what God did when He created the world, He heard about how God humiliated the strongest nation in the times of Moses and how He brought His people out of Egypt. Prophet Habakkuk heard about what God did through the hands of the righteous judges, kings, priests and prophets and cried out for God to do it again in his time. Habakkuk cried out for God’s mercy. He knew God’s wrath was upon the great nation of Israel, but that did not stop Him for praying.
I believe that God wants to do something great today; God desires to revive us, but we are lacking passion for Him. Psalm 42:1 gives us the standard for how much our soul should desire God,
As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. (NKJV)
Oh God, I am so sorry for my coldness and what is worst, my lukewarm condition. Father, give me that kind of love for You. I want to desire your waters like an exhausted deer who is running for her life desires water. Oh Father revive my heart, revive your works on this earth. Start with me. Do whatever it takes; don’t let me die in my condition. Oh God, let my eyes see your glory. Father, remember your servant William J. Seymour, remember his one hundred year prophesy. He spoke about a revival far greater than Azusa. Do it Lord! In the mix of your wrath would you release your mercy? Bring us out of our comfortable religious routines! In Jesus name…Amen!
Today is March 15, 2013; I arrived to Fairbanks on August 17, 2013. This day will be marked on my little personal story as the first time I preach in this great city of Fairbanks. The Lord has giving me a message entitle: Our Holy Legacy. It is a message specifically for The Church of God in Christ.
I am going to be speaking about one of my heroes in the faith, Bishop William J. Seymour and the Azusa Street Revival and how that revival connected to Charles H. Mason, founder of The Church of God in Christ. This is a message about revival!
In 1910 Bishop Seymour prophesied that in a hundred year this nation would experience an even greater revival than the one in Azusa. Those hundred years took place in 2010 and we have yet to experience any revival. So, what is happening? What is holding that revival back? We will be answering these questions and much more in our message today.
To see video of my first sermon in Fairbanks entitle: Our Holy Legacy click below:
Salvation prepares you for death as you make a holy provision for your departure out of this dimension of life and assures you a place, not in hell, but in the indescribable New Jerusalem. Sanctification prepares you for the abundant life as you embrace a Godly lifestyle or way of living. The Baptism of the Holy Ghost prepares you to minister with power to be an effective witness for the Lord in the middle of a fallen and perverse world. All this through Jesus Christ, for His glory and for the service of His people.
Parece ser que los malcriados han aumentado en los últimos años.
Existieron tiempos en donde los hombre no decían malas palabras delante de las damas, especialmente cuando dicha dama era casada.
Me acuerdo ver peleas formarse porque hombres indecentes se atrevieron a expresar vulgaridades delante de señoras casadas. También existieron tiempos en donde no se usaban expresiones vulgares delante de los niños ni de los ancianos.
Lamentablemente, hoy día se ha perdido mucho de ese respeto tan precioso en nuestra cultura. Vemos groserías en la música, en los juegos de videos, en películas, en la escuela, en el trabajo, en los restaurantes, en la parada de carros púbicos, en nuestras propias casas y en fin… en todas partes.
En mis tiempos antes de ser Cristiano yo decía muchas malas palabras. Luego aprendí Inglés y decía malas palabras en Inglés y en Español. Dios me ha ayudado mucho en esa área.
La pregunta debe ser, ¿Qué nos dice…
View original post 199 more words
God’s will is better than money!