Skip to content
– Puerto Rican coffee is the best in the world. It’s so good, this is the coffee that the Pope drinks. Some say it’s the oficial coffee of the Vatican.
– The Camuy Caves System is the 3rd largest underground river system in the world.
– The Arecibo Observatory? The largest radiotelescope in the world!
– El Yunque? The ONLY rain forest in the US National Forest System
– The Bioluminiscent Bay is something else! There are 5 in the world and PR has 3 of them!
– Some of the beaches have been rated the best in the world
– The San Juan Cathedral and San Jose Church are the two oldest churches in the Western Hemisphere
– La Fortaleza is the oldest (continuously working) executive mansion in the New World.
– El Morro and San Marcos Fortresses are the oldest in the US
– Old San Juan is a UNESCO site as well as various other places in PR
– Walmart Puerto Rico broke selling records of all Walmart stores
– ‘Plaza Las Americas’ mall in San Juan is the most profitable mall per square foot in the world and the largest mall in the entire Caribbean Basin.
– Puerto Rico is the country with the most cars per square mile in the world: 146 vehicles per street mile and 4,300 vehicles per square mile.
– The highest grossing Borders book store in US was located in Plaza Las Americas Mall. Too bad they closed. It was my favorite store too!
– The busiest Toys “R” Us in the world is also in Plaza Las Americas
– The highest grossing Sears store in the World is in Puerto Rico.
– The highest selling Kmart in the US is in Puerto Rico.
– The Radio Shack store in Plaza Las Americas mall is the busiest and highest grossing Radio Shack in the world.
– The largest JC Penney store in the world (a full 4 stories) is located at Plaza Las Americas mall
– Piña Colada was “born” in PR in 1954.
– Puerto Rico has won the Miss Universe pageant a record five times.
– The place in the world with more pharmaceutical companies per square mile is Puerto Rico.
– There are about 1,100 people per square mile, a ratio higher than within any of the 50 states in the United States.
– Puerto Rico is the third country in the world with more physicians in proportion to its population.
– The longest pool in the world is located in a hotel in Dorado, PR. (The hotel is currently closed).
– It is estimated that there is more Nickel in the mountains of Puerto Rico than the whole United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
– The state of Florida was discovered by Puerto Rico’s first governor, Don Juan Ponce de Leon.
– The first shot fired by the United States in World War I was in Puerto Rico by Lt. Teofilo Marxuach.
– 86% of the rum consumed in the world is from Puerto Rico – Bacardi
– Puerto Rico has one of the world’s highest productivity ratios.
– Puerto Rico ranks 6th in the world when it comes to college graduates
– Puerto Rico has more gas stations, churches, cars, roads, and Walgreens per square mile than any other country in the world.
– The second radio station to be inaugurated in the US was in PR. Sally Jesse Raphael’s first gig in the media was in PR.
– The first Emmy went to Puerto Rican Jose Ferrer, who also got the Academy award for the same role.
– Rita Moreno (from PR) received both of those and one for Best Actress in a Broadway show. No one else has matched that.
– The most outstanding soldier in Europe at the end of the Second WW was chosen from the Puerto Rican 65th Infantry. (See BorinqueneersCongressional Gold Medal Alliance at http://www.65thcgm.org)
Information captured from a wonderful article entitle, Puerto Ricans Are Loud
Please help give honor to “La 65 de Infantería”; they also fought and many die for the freedom of our nation. Please watch this small video about these amazing group of Puerto Rican soldiers”
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: