Not trusting God is an insult to Him. As a matter of fact, the Bible tells us that without faith; without full trust in God, is impossible to please Him (Hebrews 11:6). I see many believers falling apart every time they are facing any problem; no matter how big or small the problem may be; that should not be. We serve a mighty God; there is no god like Him. There is no other power that can even come close to the power of our God.
All through Scripture we have seen the Adversary come against God, His people and His creation. We have seen nation after nation revolt against God; but we have also seen God’s mighty power over and over. Through Moses and his battles against Egypt, through Joshua as he conquered the promise land, through the righteous judges, through the prophets, through King David and, through the righteous kings, God’s power to deliver His people has always been evident. However, God is about to show up His power like never before in the history of humanity. This secular world is run by 7 groups of people according to Revelation 18.
- The politicians: (v.9) There are no Godly governments on this earth. You can find godly politicians, but they are operating in a wicket system.
- The businessman: (v.11) There are obviously good people in business; but the focus here is on the powerful businesses that control the world. Look at, for example, Facebook, Google, Amazon, etc. Each one of these businesses have real progressive agendas; and this is just to mention a few. You add the Drug Industry (Legal and Illegal), you can add pornography and the list goes on and on.
- Ship Master (v.17) This is everything that has to do with transporting merchandise, people, etc. We can say that this is the business of distribution and transportation. All transportation!
- The Music Industry (v.22) Do I have to make the point of how corrupt the music industry is? Take the top artist today and study the lyrics of their songs and you will know the wickedness of their agenda.
- The Trade industry (v.22) This is the business of trading everything, including human trafficking, sex trafficking, etc.
- The Food Industry (v.22) Over 80 percent of the products in any supermarket are process. We have a food crisis! The focus of the food industry is not our health is making money. The focus of the god of this world is to kill us.
- The Energy Industry (v.23) Think about the power of technology today! Think about how much we depend of manmade energy control. Think about who is controlling Oil and Gas around the world!
- The “love” business (v.23) Think about everything romantic that sells, movies, books, TV shows, etc. People are fascinated by this perversion of love. It is a direct attack on the traditional family.
I believe that like a spiderweb social media and the media in general connects all these faces of the secular world. The Babylonian agenda is communicated to the world through social media and the press.
This secular world or Babylon has specific characteristics: 1) they are a home of demons (v.2) and 2) all the nations of the world are guilty of embracing it. (v.3) That is why the cry of God has always been for us, His people, to come out of this system. Revelation 18:4-5 tells us,
Then I heard another voice from heaven say:
“‘Come out of her, my people,’
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5 for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes. (NIV)
The main point of this article is this, God is going to bring this Babylonian or Secular system down not in one generation, not in one decade or one year, but in one hour. That’s how powerful our God is. Is going to take him one hour to bring down all these powerful groups that are controlling the world. Revelation 18:10 and 18:19 tells us,
“‘…Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’ (NIV)
“…In one hour, she has been brought to ruin!’” (NIV)
Beloved, why worry? Why concern ourselves with the way of the world? Why concern ourselves with how bad things are? Why concern ourselves with the downfall of the nations of the world, including the USA? God will destroy this whole system in one hour. Think about this for a moment, God will destroy this system faster than what it took him to liberate the children of Israel out of the most powerful nation of that time… Egypt. This will truly be the last hour.
What then, should we do? Watch the clock and wait for that last hour? No, Jesus our Lord has given us specific instructions; we have a divine assignment, our marching orders are clear. Jesus told us,
“…All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 (NIV)
All the nations of the world betrayed God in the Tower of Babel; they all chose their own gods to worship. God raised his own nation to reveal Himself to the world. Through Abraham who He brought out of Babylon (Genesis 11:27-32) God created the nation of Israel. Later, Israel also betrayed God (Deuteronomy 32). After all the bad news in the Old Testament, Jesus came into the picture 2,000 years ago. Through Christ we received the Gospel. Finally good news!
The focus of every born-again believer MUST be 1) the preaching of the Good News (the Gospel) and 2) the making of disciples. In Mark 16:15 Jesus tells us, “…Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.” (NIV) Notice that we are told to preach the Gospel to “all creation.” The word creation is the Greek word ktísis; “… the sum total of what has been created.” We are called to proclaim the gospel into all creation; to proclaim good news into everything created by God. This is the message of reconciliation and restoration of God’s creation that was corrupted and continue to be corrupted from the 3 rebellions in Genesis 3, Genesis 6 and Genesis 11.
In Genesis 3 sin was introduced into humanity. In Genesis 6 was the introduction of the corruption of spiritual and physical genetics. This was the iniquity of all iniquities and, in Genesis 11 was the open rebellion and betrayal of all the nations of the world and the gods God place to rule them.
As the countdown continues to the last hour of this secular system… lets proclaim the gospel to all creation. Jesus came to redeem us from all these mess. Jesus has ALL authority; he establishes that right before given us the great commission so that we know we can go forward in confidence. Let’s go and preach the gospel and make disciples of all nations… In Jesus name!
 Spiros Zodhiates, The Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament (Chattanooga, TN: AMG Publishers, 2000).