The Command to Study the Word
The believer has a command to study God’s Word. That means search for the truth in everything situation; confirm every situation not by opinions of man or your own opinion, but by the Word of God. Second Timothy 2:15 encourages us to “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (KJV) We must absolutely reject opinions of man, that is including ours. Proverbs 3:7 tells us, “Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.” (NIV)
The world is filled with opinions of men; if you are a progressive liberal you are allowed to create your own truths, your own ideas of what is real and what is not. Let the world deceive each other; let the world lie to each other and believe whatever they want to believe; we as Born-Again believers MUST be people of the Word, not of the world. We must strive to follow what God tells us to do.
Isaiah 5:20 tells us, “Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.” (NIV) Jesus himself tells us, “…If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” (NASB 1995) How can we know the truth if we do not study God’s Word?
In conclusion we must remember that:
- We Can’t Save Ourselves: Only God Can
- Jesus is the Only Way to the Father
- Without the Holy Spirit there is No Repentance
- After We Received Salvation, our Greatest Responsibilities are to be a Disciple and, Make Disciples.
- At the Heart of Discipleship is to Learn the Commands of Jesus, that Means, His Way of Life
- Distinguishing Right from Wrong is a Sing of Our Maturity or Immaturity
- We Are Called to Reject Any Other Gospel
- We as Christians Will be Judge by Jesus
- We as Christians are Commanded to Study the Scripture