On April 23, 2021, I received a text from a Hispanic sister that they were kicked out of a church. My wife and I knew her and her husband somewhat because when we first arrived at Arizona, we met at their home for the Tuesday night home groups. These groups were a part of a local Hispanic church. On April 25, 2021, I invited this couple and their family to come over to our house for an Acts 2:42 gathering. They invited another sister, and she brought her daughter and son.
On May 3, 2021, I received a text from the husband of this first Hispanic couple we invited over. He stated that he was getting ready to sign the divorce papers. They were already separated. I offer to help with pastoral guidance. They agreed to meet with me in a weekly basis.
On Tuesday June 8, 2021, we officially started what I called our Acts 2:42 Gatherings in Spanish. On Saturday July 17, 2021, I left the institutionalized church. On this day my pastor gave me the prophetic word that confirmed everything. Other important events took place
- Thursday July 29, 2021: The official birth of Acts 2:42 Gatherings (English). Three of my co-workers came.
- Sunday August 8, 2021: First Discipleship Class with my mom via FaceTime. This is very special to me.
- Monday August 2, 2021: First pastoral session with another Hispanic lady who was a victim of very traumatic experiences. She came to our gathering seeking healing for her soul.
- Saturday August 6, 2021: First pastoral session with a man. His wife told him to leave after so many years of pornography addiction. I have been meeting with this man via phone every Saturday at 9:00 PM.
- Saturday August 28, 2021: 7:30 PM First pastoral session with another Hispanic couple.
- Tuesday August 31, 2021: As I was singing and praying with my wife before our Spanish Home Church God gave the name of this ministry. I heard “Manantial Ministries” (Ministerio Manantial).
- Thursday September 2, 2021: On this day the first couple I ministered to moved back together. Praise the Lord!
- Saturday September 11, 2021: My pastor Andrés Briceño Ruiz and I chose this day and time to meet via WhatsApp, for him to mentor me.
- Tuesday September 14, 2021: My wife Rayette taught her first class to our Hispanic home group. The class was on nutrition from a biblical perspective. It was a great blessing. We created our WhatsApp Group and call it “Manantial del Valle”.
- Wednesday September 15, 2021: I officially registered the name: Manantial del Valle. Isaias 41:17-18,
When the poor and needy seek water,
and there is none,
and their tongue is parched with thirst,
I the Lord will answer them;
I the God of Israel will not forsake them.
18 I will open rivers on the bare heights,
and fountains in the midst of the valleys.
I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
and the dry land springs of water. (ESV)
Los afligidos y menesterosos buscan las aguas, y no las hay; seca está de sed su lengua; yo Jehová los oiré, yo el Dios de Israel no los desampararé. 18 En las alturas abriré ríos, y fuentes en medio de los valles; abriré en el desierto estanques de aguas, y manantiales de aguas en la tierra seca. (Reina-Valera 1960)
My schedule as of today is as follow:
- Mondays at 8:00 PM via Video: I meet with a Hispanic lady one-on-one via video.
- Tuesdays at 7:30 PM: Hispanic Group Gatherings
- Thursdays 7:30 PM: English Group Gatherings
- Saturdays 12:00 PM meet with my pastor via video. 7:30 PM meet with a man one-on-one via video and 9:00 PM meet with another man one-on-one via phone.
- Sundays 2:00 PM: Meet with my mom for disciple classes via video one-on-one.
More to come… this is just the beginning!